Original post on April 8, 2019 by 4 everVernice
52 Clove Garlic Soup
Anytime a loved one or I am sick, I go to this recipe to feel better. I love home remedies. This 52 clove garlic soup is a home remedy that I would recommend to everyone. When I drink this soup and rest for a day or two, I feel so much better the next day. The important thing is I must get at least a full 24 hours of rest because I have to give my body enough time to heal and repair itself.
- Large Pot
- 26 cloves garlic unpeeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp organic butter grass fed
- 2.25 cups onions sliced
- 1.5 tso fresh thyme
- .5 cup fresh ginger
- .5 tsp cayenne powder
- 26 cloves garlic peeled
- 3.5 cup vegetable broth
- .5 cup coconut milk
- 4 wedge lemons
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Add 26 of the unpeeled garlic cloves in a glass baking dish tossed with 2 tbsp of olive oil and pinch of sea salt. Cover the baking dish tightly with foil and place the unpeeled garlic cloves in oven for about 45 minutes.
- Once cool then squeeze garlic between fingers to release cloves into small bowl.
- Melt butter into large pan over medium-high heat. Add 2.25 cups of sliced onions, 1.5 tsp of fresh thyme, .5 cup of fresh ginger, .5 tsp cayenne powder and cook for about 6 minutes.
- Add the 26 roasted garlic and 26 raw garlic to cook for 3 minutes. Then add 3.5 cups of vegetable broth. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Then puree soup in blender. Lastly add .5 cup of coconut milk. Season salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Into each serving bowl squeeze the juice of one lemon wedge.